The following is very important information regarding your order and the terms you accept when placing an order. We suggest you read this and/or print a copy for your files.
You will be furnished with a "T" Number confirming your order once it's been received. You must have this number when contacting us regarding your project. No information will be given without this number.
United Does Not Ship C.O.D., Parcel Post, or Freight Collect. And we CANNOT ship to PO Boxes.
Deposit and payment info
Your order will not be processed if you fail to send the correct deposit with your CD/tape, lacquers, or metal parts.
Only U.S. funds are accepted. URP accepts money orders, checks and all major credit cards. We do not accept Discover card.
United requires a deposit at the time your order is placed. Below is a list of how much is required based on how your music is sent in.
- If a CD is sent in, the minimum deposit is $775.00 for 10'' orders
- If lacquers
are sent in, the minimum deposit is $500 for 10'' orders
- If metal parts are sent in, the minimum deposit is $400 for 10'' orders
- Payment in full for Digital Downloads, Etched Art or Custom Jackets/Sleeves is required with your deposit
If certified funds are not submitted we reserve the right to wait 10 business days to allow your check to clear before starting your order.
Balance of Payment
The balance of payment for your order is due when you submit your test pressing approval. URP accepts money orders, checks and all major credit cards. We do not accept Discover card.
Cancelling an Order
In the event that your order is cancelled for any reason you will be charged a cancellation fee of $25 plus the cost of returning your
source materials. You will also be charged for any other costs incurred (printing labels etc.) depending on the stage of production the order is in when cancelled.
On average your test pressings will be shipped to you approximately 2 1/2 to 3 weeks after we've received your music, order forms and deposit. Following approval of tests pressings we average approximately 2 1/2 to 3 weeks
for production time providing we have everything we need (jackets, sleeves, inserts, etc.). All Orders are considered COMPLETE if final shipment is within 10% plus or minus the amount ordered. You have the right to decline overages.
All reorders must be paid in full at the time the order is placed. If parts are remaining from your order (jackets, labels, inserts, etc.) we will use those. In the event that all parts were utilized you will be sold additional parts. Replacement stampers may be required as well.
Refusal of Services
- The stamper matrix numbers and the label number must match. Each must be marked either side A and B or side 1 and 2. If stamper and label are not marked properly, United is not responsible for misplaced labels.
- All labels are baked to eliminate excess moisture and to prevent bubbling. As a result some color change can occur. This is most prominent with PMS colors.
URP reserves the right to refuse any order for any reason it deems necessary.
You are responsible for providing your own insurance coverage, URP's policy does not provide protection for client's parts or music in our possession.
- No Merchandise may be returned to UNITED without authorization from your UNITED customer service representative.
- If there is a problem with your order UNITED requires you send in 25 records so we can get fair sample of your run of records. Returns must be shipped via ground service (i.e. USPS Media Mail, UPS Ground etc.) to be eligible for a credit or reimbursement of your return shipping costs.
- Return shipping costs via ground service can be credited or reimbursed only with a copy of your receipt from the shipping company. United will NOT credit or reimburse shipping costs of returns made by airmail or similar express services.
- No product will be replaced or credit given 30 days of the client's receipt of their product.
Prices are subject to change without notice
- Tests pressings are to preview the audio quatlity of your records and approve them before we begin pressing. All tests have generic UNITED labels. If you opt not to have test pressings run and there is a problem with your records URP is NOT responsible.
- Test pressings are mandatory when metal lacquers or metal parts are sent in.
- Extra mastering charges may occur if our engineer has a problem with your submitted music or your songs are not presented in the proper order. To avoid extra charges the songs on your source music should be in the same order as you'd like them on your records.
- For your protection, mothers, stampers and labels will be stored for one year. You may request to have them sent back to you. Your parts may be destroyed after a year has passed. With the high number of order we do we are unable to contact folks before demolition so if you need your parts please contact us. If you are storing your metal parts, all should be stored back to back in their folder to help prevent damage. We cannot be held responsible for damaged stampers that are supplied by other vendors.
- Orders shipped to more than two locations are subject to fulfillment charges. These charges are $20 per additional location (starting with the third location) and an additional $2.50 per box for the boxes going to the additional locations. These charges begin with the third location and are applicable to all orders with three or more ship locations.
ALL orders submitted to United Record Pressing are audio tested. If your source material contains samples of any kind, regardless of length, you will be asked to edit out the sample or your order will be rejected. If the order is rejected, you will be billed for any charges incurred to the point of audio testing as well as an order cancellation fee.
If you are originating an order outside the United States, please click here.
Please listen to your masters before sending them as once a lacquer gets cut edits to the lacquer can not be made.